Why has my Facebook & Twitter news feed suddenly stopped working on home wifi?

pierremb

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Facebook & twitter news feed suddenly stopped working on home wifi

All other apps work fine (mail, linkedin etc), facebook and twitter work fine on mobile data. Confused as to whether it's a wifi, app, android or phone issue. Everything was fine yesterday and no obvious updates since then. Have tried disabling facebook app, restarted phone, restarted wifi. Phone is HTC One Mini. Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook & twitter news feed suddenly stopped working on home wifi

Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you reboot your router? Unplug its power for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for the connection to reestablish.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Android 4.4.x? Fairly new (within the past few years) router? That's a known problem with the Note 3, and it's probably (I'm just making an educated guess from decades of software experience) a bug in Android, but I haven't heard of it happening with an HTC. Try using a public wifi hotspot. Note 3s running 4.4.2 work on them, but have a problem with modern Linksys and D-Link routers (that I've heard of so far - maybe others too).

Everything else on the Note 3 - email. web browsing, even speed tests - works fine, except that there's a measurable loss of speed, but waiting for the pictures to load in the Facebook app isn't something human beings live long enough for. I'm currently running an OLD Linksys WRT54G (very old - my grandson found it in the woods last year and I spent a few hours cleaning the moss and mold off the inside of it) and having no problems. A new Linksys causes it.

pierremb

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your replies. Finally found out that BT (broadband provider) are having major problems with a new 'Parental Controls' service which seems to be blocking all sorts of dangerous websites such as Facebook!! Didn't even ask for it

colosuswarzPH

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why has my Facebook & Twitter news feed suddenly stopped working on home wifi?

Download FREE VPN / BETTERNET at Playstore. It can help you to solve your problem by just tapping "CONNECT" while your WiFi is ON. Just try it.

PHcolosuswarz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith