How can I retrieve my pictures off of my lifeless Samsung Nexus Table?

Winstonbaby

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Nexus tables is lifeless

My one year old Nexus 10, after using it I turned it off like I would normally and when I went to turn it back on after couple of hours it no longer comes on, I have taken it to a few places and no one wants or know how to fix or telling me what's wrong with my tablet, just plugged in to my PC two hour ago and after one hour I turned it on I got the word Google than the colorful X that slowly faded and than I got a white battery pic with a lightning symbol inside and than nothing else, please help.......I just need to retrieve my pictures and videos on my one and only grandchild.....thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Nexus tables is lifeless

One hour of charging a totally dead battery from a USB port shouldn't even have given you that much. Plug the tablet into the charger (it gets more charge from the charger than it does from a computer) and leave it charging for 24 hours.

If it comes on, even for a few seconds after that, the battery is dead. (Do you constantly use the tablet until the bettery is at nearly 0? If you do, 1 year is a pretty good time for the battery to have lasted - you'll get about 300 charges that way. Always try to charge when the battery is no lower than 40%.)

Replacing the battery is something that any competent repair shop should be able to do. (The batteries are available for about $45-$50 and they just plug in once you take the tablet apart - which I don't recommend that you try yourself.)