Can anyone answer a few questions about Custom ROMs and few Android related things?

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Qestions about Custom ROMs and few android related stuffs

Hi everyone, I’m new in the realm of custom ROM for Android. I’ve been using a Nexus 7 wi-fi for few months with the factory Jelly Bean 4.3 but I never could install the KitKat 4.4 due to wi-fi inaccessibility for downloading the official update. Anyway I’m still happy with the Android 4.3 but I now want to experience few custom operating systems. I already googled how to do it, but unfortunately I’m now more confused with few technical terms and their utility.

1. How can I flash the factory OS and install a custom ROM like SlimKat or Cyanogenmod?
2. If I want to use multi-boot as computer OS, is it possible?
3. If I want to revert to the official android from the custom ROM (like a fresh OS install) how do I do it?
4. I want to do it manually through computer, thus what are the software/tools I’d be requiring for doing this?

And if you people can kindly tell me something about the significance and utility of Android SDK, Fast Boot, Custom Recovery regarding installing custom ROMs, I’d be grateful. And also what are some basic terms and tools that I should know as an android user?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz