How can I add more space to my Iview 900TCP Tablet?

900TCP

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Iview 900TCP tablet out of space

I have a Iview 900TCP

It came with no free memory to install more apps, when you try to install something you get a error not enough space available, you cant uninstall apps to free up space even apps I will never use their is no option to uninstall them.

Below is the info from "About Tablet"
Model number 900TCP
Android version 4.0.4
Baseband version 1.4rc3
Kernel version3.0.8
csj csj #6
Monday Jul 30 17:56:24 CST 2012
Build number 900TCP 20120731

The reported memory in Settings / Storage are as follows
Internal storage total space .98GB
Apps 145MB
Available 4.20MB
Internal storage
Total space 5.70GB
Available 5.70GB
EXTSD
Total space 3.69GB
Available 3.68GB

Any ideas how I can allocate more memory to this thing so more apps can be installed and used?

Thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iview 900TCP tablet out of space

Welcome to the forums. To my knowledge, no. To repartition the device is tricky if at all possible. I am not even sure how to go about doing it, but I am sure you would have to be a rooted user in order to do so.

900TCP

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Iview 900TCP tablet out of space

Ok so my options are? Right now I have 4.20MB of free space to install new apps or data, I have 5.70GB of unused space I can not access or use.

This tablet is about completely worthless right now, if this was a windows machine I would just format the storage drive, create the correct sized partitions allocating that 5.7GB of unused space then reinstall the operating system, I am new to the Android world so have no idea what is usually done in a situation like this, I also dont know the procedures or tools required to backup,format, partition etc.

The whole goal here is to make use of the 5.70GB of unused space that came with my tablet and to install more apps :D.

I have to assume you can make backups of the content on storage drive in the current partitions then format the storage drive, then partition the drive with larger partitions then restore the data back to the correct partitions?

Is their any guides on how to do basic things like format a drive then install a fresh version of the Android system on a tablet? Keep in mind I have little to no free space to install new programs or tools.
I was looking at the installed apps I can uninstall I found two that has the option to uninstall so I could possibly install other tools.
Flash 12.86 meg
Google play 12.68 meg

Is their a way like on a PC where you can boot up the tablet and run a operating system off a flash drive like a Live CD that has tools to fix a PC like Hiren's BootCD ?

Sorry for all the dumb questions I am new to the Android/tablet world not really how all this works.

Thanks again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams