Why isn't my Samsung Gear S receiving notifications from Maildroid and others?

nottheride

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Gear S not receiving notifications from Maildroid and others

I have a Gear S and a Galaxy Note 4. I have set up my Gear S in the Notifications panel to receive notifications from Maildroid (an email app replacement for the stock app, Emai), Handcent (a text message app replacement for the stock app, Messaging ), Incoming Calls and Missed Calls. My notifications for Incoming Calls & Missed Calls are working fine but for some reason I am not receiving the other two notifications on my Gear S. I understand that by using these replacements apps that I cannot view the CONTENT of emails or text messages on my Gear S BUT the Gear S's Notifications panel allows me to set it up to receive notifications when these apps receive texts or emails. However, the notifications are not working. I don't want to use the stock apps for emails or texts because after using much better third party ones, there's no going back to the very limited, crippled stock apps. Please help.

bmw320d

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Gear S not receiving notifications from Maildroid and others

I'm having the same problem. My Gear S receives notifications from Samsung stock apps just fine. Calls, missed calls, emails and sms. But notifications from any third party app, like Gmail, whatsapp, bbm, etc does not come through. It used to come through for a few hours the one day, and then it stopped completely now. I only have the watch for less than a week. I'm using an S5. It wourked fine with the Gear 2, but not with the Gear S. I tried Samsung and they seem to be in a knot as well.
I did a hard reset on my phone and watch yesterday hoping for the best, but that was also a waste.

I wish someone could help us.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis