How do I get my AT&T Avail 2 gophone wifi to work?

David Mcarthur

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
AT&T Avail 2 gophone wifi doesnt work

the wifi symbol is gray and every time i try to use internet it goes to a page telling me i need to buy more data. i had data but my phone was using my data when i had the wifi turned on. i shouldnt need data if im using my wifi. what do i need to do to fix this? i have turned phone offf, i have removed battery, i have reset my router, i have cleared wifi on my phone and readded it. it says the signal is excellent but it stays gray and keeps going to the add data page.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

Presumably you had mobile data switched on when you tried to connect to wifi....then, if the wifi connection failed, or was not established in the first place, whatever you were doing would have been done using mobile data without you being aware of it. That has happened to me. The answer to that is to disable mobile data when using wifi.
But it sounds as if your real problem may be with the wifi connection. Read B. Diddy's wifi guide, which may offer some helpful insights:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Avail 2 gophone wifi doesnt work

Some carriers have their phones set to use mobile data preferentially, even if you have a wifi connection.

Make sure you manually turn mobile data off (Data Enabler Widget will make it easy) when you don't want to be using mobile data.