I bought a Lexar 32 GB sd card for my huawei ascend y300 and now every time I plug it into the pc afterwards after I unplug it either the songs on my phone are gone or it goes into 'scanning sd card' for several minutes. Most of the time I have to scan the sd card manually via an app I downloaded to bring back the songs on the phone. Is this a corrupt sd card? Should I return it?
    11-22-2014 03:39 PM
    There's a couple different things to try.

First, make sure you have USB debugging enabled. Go to your device settings, about phone, and find "build number" tap that 7 or 8 times in a row. You should see a pop-up that says "congrats you are now a developer". This is a good thing. Press back ONCE and find the new developers options menu. In that menu find USB debugging and make sure it's checked - you may also get a popup when you plug into the computer the first time. This is normal.

Second, make sure any files from your microSD card are transferred somewhere safe (like your computer). On your phone's settings, go to storage, and scroll down to your sd card. Format it. This will completely wipe it and set it up properly for your phone. Copy some music on to your phone and see what happens. Your phone may take a while for the media scanner to run, depending how many files you put on there.

if your computer has an SD card slot, try plugging your card directly into your computer, rather then plugging your phone into your computer (you'll need an adaptor to plug the microSD card into your computer). That will make things faster to transfer on and off. Just make sure you unmount the card from your phone (in the storage settings) before removing it from your phone. If you don't do this, you risk corrupting the data on the card.

Hopefully this makes sense - I've had a long day, so if it's not clear I appologize.
    11-22-2014 09:50 PM