Why isn't my Gmail account on my phone showing emails?

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Gmail account on my phone not showing emails

I have two gmail accounts on my phone, one for personal and one for the baseball league I run. However, the personal one works fine, no issues what so ever. On the baseball one though it shows always 0 emails in the primary inbox when on the actual email account that's false. I have to go under "all mail" to be able to read anything that came in, but even in that case if I reply to an email through there it doesn't show up as replied to on the actual desktop account.

However, the guy that helps me run the league has a nexus and has no issues showing everything. I am very confused why I can't get anything to show up? I'd love to have it on my phone and be able to reply without having to go on the desktop to check it out.

Any ideas?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gmail account on my phone not showing emails

I have two gmail accounts on my phone, one for personal and one for the baseball league I run. However, the personal one works fine, no issues what so ever. On the baseball one though it shows always 0 emails in the primary inbox when on the actual email account that's false. I have to go under "all mail" to be able to read anything that came in, but even in that case if I reply to an email through there it doesn't show up as replied to on the actual desktop account.

However, the guy that helps me run the league has a nexus and has no issues showing everything. I am very confused why I can't get anything to show up? I'd love to have it on my phone and be able to reply without having to go on the desktop to check it out.

Any ideas?
Hello. Welcome to Android Central. Try removing the account from your phone and then re-add it again. See if you can receive emails after that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

That's one of the reasons I use a 3rd party email app. The GMail app has a habit of not working when the angle of the moonlight and the tree in the backyard form a right triangle ... or something. I gave up on it long ago.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Why try another mail client though? My personal works fine? There has to be an issue somewhere with the other maybe

Sent from my Droid Turbo

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Why try another mail client though? My personal works fine? There has to be an issue somewhere with the other maybe

Sent from my Droid Turbo
You don't have to keep using it. We just recommend you try it on another mail client to see if the email account will work there.