Why Can't I Install Apps That Aren't From The Google Play Store?

ellegirl

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I have tried several times to install apps that aren't from the google play store (something pops up and notifies me that it can harm my device and I press ok, and before, it told me that I had to change the settings to allow applications without certain google play certification to be download in order to do so- so I did this) however, every time I try to download an app, it goes to a page where it tells me what the app wants me to do and at the bottom it says "cancel" or "next" and once i'm done scrolling the above, the "next" option changes to the "install" option. When I press install, it does absolutely nothing, its as if I'm not even pressing install, it simply won't work. The only thing that will work is the "cancel" button.

Please help, Thanks!

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Google does this for your protection from malware. Many app site are malware infected but there are a few trusted app sites of which I don't know since I get what I need from Google Play or Samsung.

If you have a Samsung phone you can sign up and get them from there..

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
It's a safety precaution, because apps from unknown or non-google play sources could bring an increased risk of infecting your phone with malware.

If you are absolutely confident that this download is safe, go to Settings-Security and check the box to allow unknown source installation. Then you should be able to download it. It's a good habit to return to security settings afterwards and uncheck the box to prevent accidental downloads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781