Hi,
    I have an HTC Desire 516 dual sim which has 4 GB internally.
    Because of the storage I thought it's a good idea to put the default location to SD card.
    I tried to go through first with the apps side but after downloading Apps2SD and similar, it seems that they don't support version 4.3 which I have.
    So I tried to access it via ADB.
    I download the SDK and tried first with ADB, only to get the device is not found.
    However I quickly resolve this by looking at the windows device manager and updating the driver manually.
    Then I again got back to ADB and walaa.... the ADB worked.
    I got the $ prompt and I can get the location. I then set the location to 2 and check it again and it was set to external.
    I went back to device hoping I would see any option "Move to SD card" but nothing.
    Is it just because of the version coz. on my mrs Samsung Galaxy SII which is running JB 4.1.2, I can view similar apps with option "Move to SD card".

Is rooting let it work? if so has anyone rooted a dual sim version. I tried checking CynogenMod but couldn't find this phone in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Riz
    11-23-2014 06:22 PM
    It's because of the app, most likely. Not all apps can be moved to the SD card, not all apps that can be moved will work from it, and some apps that can be moved can only have small parts moved (and if they're small enough you actually lose space, because the link to the part is larger than the part moved).
    11-23-2014 08:58 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply but you missed the part in my post where I said that I can view the same apps on my Mrs phone with Jelly bean running showing the option "Move to SD card" so it's certainly not the apps.
    Also I can't see the option even when I go through the ADB which suggest that it must be something else.

Someone???
    Thanks
    Riz
    11-24-2014 06:17 PM