Since latest AT&T firmware update, why doesn't my PC recognize my Galaxy S3 as a drive?

agachado

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Since latest AT&T firmware update, my PC no longer recognizes my Galaxy S3 as a drive.

I can no longer explore or move files when connected via usb, and don't see any setting on the phone to adjust that. Help - plz.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Since latest AT&T firmware update, my PC no longer recognizes my Galaxy S3 as a drive.

Hello. Welcome BACK! (3.5 years?!!)

I guess it's either a driver update issue, or it's connecting as a MTP device when you want a PTP device etc.
When you connect the cable, do you get a notification showing connected as a MTP/PTP device? If you pull down the shade you can switch between the two.

If you download Samsung Kies it will install the version for the connected S3 and os. It will usually offer to install drivers first, or you can search Samsung support without Kies.

I'm winging it here. Better brains will hopefully fill the gaps.

From a Note 3 with Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Since latest AT&T firmware update, my PC no longer recognizes my Galaxy S3 as a drive.

I suspect that the update is either buggy or it installed wrong. Take the phone to your nearest Device Support Center (ask at your local AT&T store if you don't know where the DSC is) and ask them to please fix the damage the update did. (Be sure you're backed up - if it's a really bad problem, they may just hand you a refurb that works.)