Can anyone help me with some Android 5 issues on Nexus 4?

Sandy Gum

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Android 5 issues on Nexus 4

I am extremly upset and disappointed at Android 5. I updated my Nexus 4 from Android 4.4 to Android 5. Here are some of the issues that I don't know how to fix despite looking through all the forums

1) Wifi issues
I cannot use google chrome, I cannot use google play. The only app on my phone that is somewhat working is "What's up". That's the only way that i know the device is somewhat connected to my wifi, yet all other apps failed to connect.

2) glitch in apps
Many apps does not work in terms of not even showing anything other than a loading circle thing. Android 5 totally crashed all my apps.

3) Google Sync
What's best about this bug is I cannot even sync my Google accounts to back up my files, and everything. So, now what?

Can I please get some decent answers from the Android developers?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 5 issues on Nexus 4

Hello,
Thanks for the reply, really appreciated. when the phone updated itself. It rebooted. I am not sure if this is what you meant by reset.
A reset meaning resetting the device so it is like it was when you first turned it on. Since this is a big OS jump, resets are often suggested so the framework can rebuild properly.

From an AOSP M8

Sandy Gum

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
Thanks for your reply again. Suprisely I just rebooted the device, it updates google play services itself, which fixed the problems for viewing google chrome and google play. However, I am still having problem with some apps, which show "this device is not supported". I assume it's the compatibility issue with the Android 5?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi,
Thanks for your reply again. Suprisely I just rebooted the device, it updates google play services itself, which fixed the problems for viewing google chrome and google play. However, I am still having problem with some apps, which show "this device is not supported". I assume it's the compatibility issue with the Android 5?
It may be. I would email the developers and see what they say.

From an AOSP M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo