Samsung Note 4: Connection Failed????

volkschild

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I need help on an issue that came up today. The time widget on my Note 4 stopped working and stopped displaying the weather of my set location. When picking the location for the widget, the message "Connection failed" appears.

Does anyone know how this issue can be fixed? Any advice would be appreciated. I have tried restarting the device, taking out the battery and deleting the widget and adding it again but to no avail.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Make sure you really are connected - to mobile data or wifi.

2) Remove the widget. Restart the phone. Create the widget again.

3) If that doesn't work, remove the widget, uninstall the app it works on, restart the phone, download the app again (and let it install), then create the widget.

If it still doesn't work, and you know you have a data connection, try a different weather app. (Sometimes an update is really a downdate - it downdates the app into uselessness.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I prefer Accuweather for both my phones and my computers, but it's a matter of taste. Pick one you like - they'll all report about the same weather. (Weather forecasting these days is a "best guess" of about 6 models, so every forecaster will give you a slightly different opinion. Even the "current temperature" sometimes varies - and isn't the same as my very-well-calibrated electronic thermometer. But whether it's 71 or 72 degrees hardly makes any difference.)

S4_boy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I need help on an issue that came up today. The time widget on my Note 4 stopped working and stopped displaying the weather of my set location. When picking the location for the widget, the message "Connection failed" appears.

Does anyone know how this issue can be fixed? Any advice would be appreciated. I have tried restarting the device, taking out the battery and deleting the widget and adding it again but to no avail.

I had the same problem an me being a gadget guy I figured how to fix it first go to Applications -Application manager- an scroll left to All applications- an go to the 3 dots on the right hand corner an go to reset apps an that should fix the problem.. good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm