Why hasen't my Google Voice integrated over to Hangouts for voicemail?

Bent82

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice & Hangouts Integration

So even after all this time, all three phone on my account have not been switched over from the Google Voice app to the Hangouts app for voicemail. I have finally decided to see if anyone here knows what's up. We use GV for two things. One is calling Canada for free, my wife is Canadian and uses it to call her family. The other is voicemail. We don't hand out our GV number for calls, and still use our carrier numbers for everything. So our GV accounts all say we have a "Google voicemail access number" and not a "Google Voice number." Could this be the source of our problem? I could sign up for an actual GV number, but I don't want to change around the way our phones work. I would think if all I'm looking to do is have voicemails in Hangouts, I would be able to with a voicemail only account. But the option doesn't even exist in the Hangouts app on our phones.

Bent82

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Voice & Hangouts Integration

And I was under the impression that you could receive your voicemails into hangouts. That's all I was looking for. Then I can get rid of the buggy voice app.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Voice & Hangouts Integration

I was under the impression that Google checked their software before releasing it. Once I installed Hangouts, GV went to pot. After I froze Hangouts and G+, GV started working normally (IOW, the old way) again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm