How do Export my contacts from my phone?

Caleb Henning

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently broke my samsung galaxy s3's screen and now the touchscreen doesn't work. I can still turn my phone on, but until my upgrade I won't be getting a new phone. I've gone back to an old iPhone for the time being. How do I get my contacts onto my iPhone? I didn't use back up assistant and I can't find the file with my contacts on my computer. I used hangouts for SMS messaging if that helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were your contacts saved to your Google account or the Phone account? If they were associated with the Google account, then they should be safely synced to your Google account in the cloud. If they were saved to the Phone account, then you're kind of stuck, because the Phone account doesn't sync with anything automatically--you have to back them up using Kies or some other 3rd party software. There's no easily accessible "Contacts" file that you can copy over, either.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you didn't save them as Account contacts (IOW, to your Google account, which is how ALL contacts should entered in an Android phone - just for this reason), the only way out is to plug in a working S3 screen and export the contacts. If you don't know a repair shop that will do that for you (which is one reason it's good to be friendly with your local repair shop), or someone who opens phones in his sleep just for fun, you're out of luck.