My device memory is now full. Play music takes up just over 2GB of device memory now which is unusual because I have music saved to a local 12GB SD card and I have auto caching off. And it says in the settings that most of that space is from "data" which I assume means audio.
    Can someone please help?
    11-26-2014 03:08 PM
    Does play music not let you save music to the SD then
    11-28-2014 08:16 AM
    I selected external SD card on the app and looked in my files and found all the encoded audio files in my SD card under googleplaymusic.
    11-28-2014 01:57 PM
    Any chance you had already downloaded some music for offline playback, or turned off caching, before you switched to external SD? If so, you'll still have to remove the previously downloaded and/or clear cache.

Additionaly, audio files should be reported as "media" instead of "data". But I may be mistaken on that point.

Penned via Tapatalk
    11-28-2014 02:22 PM
    Here's a thought... I just looked at the Play Music in my storage manager. It only uses the term Data for both internal and external storage. However, I believe that the internal storage may not just apply to your Play Music, but also Audio Files from other apps as well. ie... Audio Files in your geneic Download folder may influence that statistic. Do you have any other music players installed that may have store music on your internal drive?

Penned via Tapatalk
    11-28-2014 02:30 PM
    No I don't I only use google play. Also I first downoaded them to internal but when I selected SD it moved it all.
    Another thing I noticed is that when I first got the app the space was small and it has slowly expanded. I may just delete and re install the app.
    11-28-2014 03:51 PM