I need a continuous heart rate monitor, any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The Charge records steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes, calories, sleep, it doesn't do heart rate.

2) If you need this for medical reasons, not just for fitness, stick with medically certified devices. There's a reason they cost more, and it's not profit. (The company that created the first "wearable" EKG lost a small fortune, but there were so many failsafes that you'd have to be run over by a steamroller while wearing it for it to get a wrong reading.)

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
1) The Charge records steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes, calories, sleep, it doesn't do heart rate.

2) If you need this for medical reasons, not just for fitness, stick with medically certified devices. There's a reason they cost more, and it's not profit. (The company that created the first "wearable" EKG lost a small fortune, but there were so many failsafes that you'd have to be run over by a steamroller while wearing it for it to get a wrong reading.)

Huh? I thought the HR was a designation for heart rate?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As I said, if you need it for medical reasons, you need a medically certified device. If you're just interested in your heart rate, and don't want to put your finger on your wrist for 15 seconds, any app will do. A finger and the timer on the phone is really all you need (nurses were doing that for about a century before the pulse oximetry device was marketed.).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781