I need a continuous heart rate monitor. I'm looking at the Fitbit Charge HR.
    11-26-2014 05:23 PM
    1) The Charge records steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes, calories, sleep, it doesn't do heart rate.

2) If you need this for medical reasons, not just for fitness, stick with medically certified devices. There's a reason they cost more, and it's not profit. (The company that created the first "wearable" EKG lost a small fortune, but there were so many failsafes that you'd have to be run over by a steamroller while wearing it for it to get a wrong reading.)
    11-26-2014 05:53 PM
    1) The Charge records steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes, calories, sleep, it doesn't do heart rate.

2) If you need this for medical reasons, not just for fitness, stick with medically certified devices. There's a reason they cost more, and it's not profit. (The company that created the first "wearable" EKG lost a small fortune, but there were so many failsafes that you'd have to be run over by a steamroller while wearing it for it to get a wrong reading.)
    Huh? I thought the HR was a designation for heart rate?
    12-25-2014 10:36 AM
    As I said, if you need it for medical reasons, you need a medically certified device. If you're just interested in your heart rate, and don't want to put your finger on your wrist for 15 seconds, any app will do. A finger and the timer on the phone is really all you need (nurses were doing that for about a century before the pulse oximetry device was marketed.).
    12-25-2014 12:28 PM