is there a way to turn off the ambient light sensor on Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    11-27-2014 12:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you just want to turn off automatic brightness? That setting should be easily accessible in your Quick Settings swipedown menu. Or is there some other reason you want to physically disable the sensor?
    11-28-2014 01:29 AM
    Yes, I know how to turn off automatic brightness. Yes, there is a reason: If I am reading (a magazine or newspaper on the Tab S) outside and the sun is hitting the sensor the screen brightens - then if I move my arm or body so the sensor is shaded the screen dims - back and forth it goes - it is a small annoyance I admit but if possible I would like to disable the sensor temporarily when reading outside.
    Thanks.
    FK
    11-28-2014 04:00 PM
    Ok--but how about turning off Auto Brightness temporarily while you're outside? Then you can manually turn your brightness up. When you're out of the sun, just turn Auto Brightness back on. The light sensor shouldn't be adjusting the brightness if Auto Brightness is off.
    11-28-2014 05:29 PM
    Or you can get Rub Goldbergish and run Tasker to turn auto brightness off if the light level exceeds a certain amount and turn it on again when it drops below that level for a given amount of time - more than a few seconds.

On second thought, I think auto brightness apps, like Velis Auto Brightness, have user-settable delay times - so if the light dims for, say, less than 5 seconds, the screen won't change.
    11-28-2014 06:12 PM
    You know - that actually works - I thought I had already tried that with no success but I guess I hadn't - the only problem is with the Auto Brightness turned off the page is very dark in sunny surroundings. Even with the manual brightness cranked right up. Like I said...a small annoyance.
    Thanks for your help.

Frank K
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-29-2014 08:22 PM