wifi connection and play store no connection error.

askari1992

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Im using huawei h30-u10 with android version 4.2.2.
A lot of times it happens that when I connect to a WiFi I receive a notification
"sign in to wifi?"
And when I touch the notification the following url opens in my browser
" http://173.194.32.103/generate_204"
My browser just keeps loading the url with no page to display.

When this happens everything else works fine...browsing, whatsapp,tango,viber everything works fine but the google play store.
It keeps giving the no connection error and no matter how many times I tap retry it does not work.
Some times it starts working by itself after a while and sometimes the problem persists for hours.

How to fix this problem?
It only happens over WiFi connection and never over 3g connection.
And it not only happens over my home WiFi...I've seen this problem on different WiFi connections.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it asking you to sign in to wi-fi on a browser page? Is your home wi-fi network password protected? If so, do you already have your password entered and saved in your wi-fi settings?

I wonder if that request for you to sign into wi-fi is a fake popup, that then opens some prespecified website that probably wants to con you into buying an app, or worse yet, install some malware. Can you show us a screenshot of the notification? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

askari1992

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Below is a screen shot...I can't take screen shot of the notification drop down panel because when I tap on take screen shot it rolls up the panel automatically before taking a screen shot.
In the screen shot I've taken look at the top left corner of the screen there is a WiFi symbol with a question Mark.
That is the symbol of notification I was talking about.

And yes my home WiFi is password protected and the password is saved. Internet works fine on other apps even if I let that question Mark WiFi symbol start there. It's just the app store that doesn't work sometimes

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-29-16-50-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-29-16-50-01.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a genuine system notification, so no worries about suspicious behavior. But I also don't know why it's doing that. Are you able to Forget those networks, then connect again?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try installing one of those "shake the phone to take a screen shot" apps and try to get a shot of the notification, so we can see it. As B. Diddy said, it's either a legitimate request to sign into a wifi router (you'll get that at most hotels, airports, etc.) or it's malware of some kind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital