Why am I unable to download multiscreen Canal + in France?

paris015

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Moved to France, but can't download French app!

We moved to Paris from the UK and have subscribed to the multiscreen Canal +. I recently missed 2 episodes of the excellent police drama series "Engrenages". I couldn't watch or download the episodes last night on my Mac, despite using Safari and Silverlight. So I thought I would try the android app on my tablet or phone. It's not in the play store and when I click the link from the Canal + website it tells me that it is not available in my country! Please help.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moved to France, but can't download French app!

Couple of possibilities: Is your phone/tablet still locked to a UK carrier, or have you unlocked it and inserted a local French SIM? Canal Plus thinks that your phone is in a foreign country - a carrier lock or SIM card could be telling it that. The videos get blocked because of international licensing deals, copyrights, etc. I live in the US and my phone will not allow me to watch videos from French TV or Eurosport, for example.
Another possibility to look into is whether your specific devices have radios that hear the correct frequencies which can vary by country & carrier.

The problem on the Mac is more puzzling - wifi on a computer should work more universally. Have you checked your canal plus account settings to make sure your device is authorized? I don't know the specifics of the canal plus subscription, but it may have specific requirements as to what software you use to view it - for example, they may insist on their own app.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon