Why can't I hard reset?

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I have an LG L34C Optimus Fuel. Long story short, I'm locked out of it. IDK what my daughter has done, but I can't unlock it. It's pattern password protected. Instead of me being able to bypass that via email, there's a pin. I know this is a smaller "crap" type phone but it's all i have right now.

I've contacted Straight Talk. They tried to walk me through what I'd already attempted on my own. Pressing and holding volume down and the power key simultaneously, then when the LG logo appears releasing the power button and repressing and holding within 3 seconds. It doesn't work.

I don't care if I lose all of my data, I just desperately need my phone to work again!! Please, can someone help me? Is there anything I can download on my pc and somehow push the phone to reset? I'm intelligent, walk me through something.

Thanks!

J Kintner

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
BTW, clicking "erase" will do a factory reset on the "Android Device Manager" webpage. This is the only way I have found to do so on this phone in case you ever needed, but what Madd54 wrote should work for you. Doing a factory reset on this phone also wipes the SDcard, so if you want to save anything on it. You should unmount the card first or if you can't boot up into the android OS to do so you should be able to turn phone off, take card out, and then turn phone back on to perform the factory reset. After the factory reset, turn phone off and reinsert the SDcard.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Madd54, I got it!! Thank you for the suggestion. I wasn't able to lock it with a new pin, but I did just erase and factory reset. My phone is working again and I really could care less about the lost data. I'm just completely stoked about having a working phone again.

Thanks again for the tips. This is one happy gal!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Glad we could help.
I wonder why I was able to lock my backup phone, a Samsung S2, I had loaned out forgetting to wipe it first; and re-lock it when I got it back but forgot the pin combination I had used. I must have wiped it first. Thanks for the information.
I thought we could save you a reset. :)