seems to work just fine and got over 29k on antutu. The only problem is data seems to stop transmitting at random. For example I can be using my WiFi at my house or my girlfriends at hers or my 3g and for no reason after a few mins no apps can access the internet. Speed test says network communication issue. Chrome says cannot connect to server and gives a button to reload which does nothing. I honestly don't think its hardware related as the WiFi bar still shows at full or almost full. Turning airplane mode off then on seems to get it working again but I don't want to keep doing this. Any ideas? Thanks
    11-29-2014 04:58 AM
    Whenever you're connected to the WiFi connection, and you get another network communication issue, check if it's happening with anyone else on the same WiFi connection. If other people also get the issue, something is malfunctioning with your modem. If it's only you that gets the error, you can try rebooting it, if it still occurs, I'm not sure about any other solutions than just sending it to Samsung to see if there are any issues. What phone do you have?
    11-29-2014 08:45 AM
    Just realised half my message is missing. I don't have a Samsung it's a doogee turbo2 octacore. Everyone else's phone and tablets work fine. Even when I've lost connection my WiFi signal is still max and 3g is displayed too. I'm sure its a software problem despite resetting phone to factory settings its still there. I wish I could put a custom rom on it I don't really trust Chinese android installations.
    The specs are octa core 1.7ghz. 2gb ram. 16gb mem also using 32gb SD. Apart from the disconnection thingy its an amazing phone. Just can't understand it. Thanks for your reply
    11-29-2014 11:20 AM
    There are two possibilities, and it's not possible to guess which it is without having the phone on the bench:

1) (and most likely) the wifi radio is overheating when it's downloading, The time it takes to go into airplane mode and out again allows it to cool off enough to work. There's nothing you can do about that except replace the motherboard with a real Samsung for the model that phone is a clone of.

2) The firmware for the radio is flaky and goes "blue sky" after heavy use. Turning airplane mode off then on kind of reboots that firmware. The fix is a ROM that has decent wifi firmware.
    tony-gbr likes this.
    11-29-2014 03:53 PM