Need help to ID an app that disappeared from my LG G2

2Etech

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
A photo editor app that came with my lg g2 has disappeared from my phone. Unfortunately, I don't remember its name, but I
want it back because I liked it. One of the editing effects was called "drama".

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺

'Drama' is one of the photo editing options available when you edit in Photos or Gallery, to the best of my ability to recall Kitkat 4.4.2 which I imagine is what your G2 is running. Are you not able to open the Edit option in either of those?

Posted via Android Central App

2Etech

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
First of all, thanks for the welcome and the reply!
Yes, I am running KitKat.
This was a separate app for editing photos because when I would enter the menu when viewing a picture and select edit, it would give me two apps to choose from, but one day, out of the blue, the second app option was no longer available. What I am assuming is that the app was some kind of trial app that came with the phone. I still have the gallery photo editor, which I don't like as much.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I see. Well on Lollipop on my Nexus 5, there is no longer Gallery, only Photos. Doh!
Someone may pass by here who knows what you're looking for, but I recommend posting also in the LG G2 forum, where I imagine other users will know what app you're referring to. :)

Posted via Android Central App

2Etech

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I have discovered what happened to my 'Photos' app.

A while back, I was attempting to improve my battery life and reduce data usage by disabling apps that were running in the background.

I ended up disabling Google+ because I wasn't using it anyway (or so I thought).

After doing an app search for "Google photos" in Google Play, the Google+ app showed up in results and was labeled as disabled.

On a whim, I enabled Google+ in my app manager.

Both Google+ and Photos now appear, side by side, in my apps list.

Opening the Photos app, a photo editing icon labeled "Drama" is located on the bottom of the screen.

I now realize that Photos is the app that I had been missing, and is, apparently, inseparable from Google+

I hope this helps someone else who might have the same problem.

belodion, thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol