Problem with Textra App?

Nicole Kala

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Light that runs on Android Jelly Bean (4.2.2) and I just downloaded Textra to use as my messaging apps. How do I disable notifications from my main messaging app and set Textra as the default?

Edit: I've tried both Handcent and ChompSMS, and they both work fine. The Textra app appears to be the problem here.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Change default messaging app on Android Jelly Bean?

Menu/Settings look for Notifications. In Textra, look for the same thing. Turn one off and one on. You can use an app like Default App Manager Lite to change the default messenger app. (It's easy to do manually, but Default App Manager kind of leads you by the hand.)

Nicole Kala

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Change default messaging app on Android Jelly Bean?

I tried downloading Default App Manager Lite and set it to Textra as the default SMS, but I still don't receive messages on Textra. I can send messages from it, but any message sent to me will go to the normal messaging app. Neither app seems to have the ability to enable/disable messages in its settings.

Edit: Messaging has been uninstalled. I've tried Handcent and Chomp SMS, and they work fine as long as they're set as default. So maybe it's a problem with the Textra app, which is a shame, as I really like its features.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34