Why does my phone restart so much?

meesor

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
So for about a month now, my samsung galaxy s4 does this thing where it randomly restarts. I'll be on facebook or another app for only a few minutes and it restarts on me. It won't let me multitask anymore. If I try to, it restarts. Basically, when I try to do anything at all, it restarts. It's like its tired or something.

Also, when I use Google Play Music or Pandora for only a few minutes, I get a message that says, "Unfortunately Google Play Music has stopped." and then the whole app shuts down.

I have the latest version of software. Actually, it didn't do this until I updated it. It's only 8 months old. Really frustrated with this and surprisingly considering an iphone. Please help!

meesor

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to add that sometimes when I unlock the phone, the screen won't respond. I can get in, but after that the screen won't register any apps I click on. But, it will register me pulling down the top menu. I have to lock the screen again to get it to work. Any thoughts?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Start in Safe Mode. Then try one app at a time until it starts acting up. Restart in Safe Mode and try different apps until you get to that one. If that same app always causes the problem, it's the app. If it's a different app all the time, you may have bad RAM, which means a new motherboard. But it should be diagnosed on a bench before you commit to something like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae