Hey guys,

I'm currently a CrackBerry member and have been using the BlackBerry Z10. I have used iOS quite a lot but barely used Android. It always seems sluggish and bloated with unnecessary features. However, with that said I do love my customisation. (And hence I used to jailbreak when I was using iOS).

Now my first question is, and I hope you guys can answer this honestly: Is there ANY Android device out there that is lag free? Not even that slight drop of frame rate when you pull down the notifications and settings toggles, or that microstutter when you're typing text and the keyboard fails to keep up? I can honestly say that, every day, I find my Z10 to just get more laggy, and a lot of people on CB are lying if they say the Z10 doesn't become laggy (doesn't mean newer devices are laggy).

I also didn't have access to Twitch, a native HSBC app, was forced to use a third party YouTube client, etc etc. Entering text into a text box in the web browser has started lagging severely recently.

I was hoping you guys could recommend some good phones. I've been thinking of the OnePlus One, Nexus 5/6, HTC One M8. However, are they all buttery smooth? I am also kind of willing to pick up a Samsung and load a custom ROM, provided that it's buttery smooth and still allows be to trick out the device to my liking.
    11-30-2014 07:22 AM
    Samsungs tend to be the worst for "extra crap/unnessisary features" and because they sold so many phones, you'll hear that they're "the worst" for lag. Personally every device (iOS, Android, Blackberry) will stutter and lag here and there if you push things hard enough. Day to day, iOS is smoothest. I haven't been on Blackberry since I had a Pearl 8130 running 4.5 (yeah, that was a while ago...)

OnePlus One seems to be a pretty good phone but somewhat elusive - if you can get your hands on one, great!
    Nexus phones are pretty good - but usually with some compromises.
    I have had a Galaxy Nexus (4 year old now), a Galaxy S4 (great camera, usually smooth but when it stutters or lags - it REALLY lags), and currently have an LG G3 (usually smoother then the S4 overall, a few hickups that I haven't chased down the cause of yet)
    I've heard great things about the HTC One (both m7, and m8)

Keep in mind there's no PERFECT phone. Every Android I've heard of, read about, or used is "Dang, this would be an even better phone if ________) So bear that in mind. Read reviews - both professional and consumer reviews. Dig for information. And Welcome to Android Central
    11-30-2014 08:03 AM
    Nexus 5 owner here.

Devices that have good hardware and run pure unadulterated Android for the most part function extremely extremely smoothly.

I've been using a Nexus 5, nearly six months now and I can confidentially say that Android is flawless in performance.

While there may be an occasional stutter every now and then in certain tasks, I've yet to come across an OS which doesn't stutter at some point of usage but Android's fluidity is comparable with iOS today.

Just don't pick up a Samsung Galaxy device, get a Nexus 5, Moto X 2014, OnePlusOne or Nexus 6 but for gods sakes don't go for Samsung until they fix the issues with TouchWiz.
    dancing-bass likes this.
    11-30-2014 09:55 AM