Hi, I was just wondering if installing this application on my note 4 would be a good thing to do and if so what are the good and bad about it?

USMC97
    11-30-2014 08:26 AM
    Hi, I was just wondering if installing this application on my note 4 would be a good thing to do and if so what are the good and bad about it?

USMC97
    I think having a trash cleaner is a good thing.. I've tried a few different ones and some are a little more complex than others.. The only bad part about them I found is that sure they will stop some of those background running apps that are using some of your RAM but take a look at your Running apps in Settings and if the "cleaner" app is using more than the apps it's stopping then I don't see the point. And go to the settings IN the cleaner app And check out it's "Protected List", there should be a list of all of your System and User apps and I always check apps like the Operating System and any other IMPORTANT internal system apps just in case the cleaner app wants to try to take one out. Just pay attention if cleaner app offers u an Advanced Cleaning, sometimes that service comes with a warning for what u are about to delete... But I have never had an issue with any of the cleaner apps and I always get them from the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App
    kanesmith41 likes this.
    11-30-2014 12:12 PM
    If you're using it for anything but "cleaning" RAM, it's not a bad thing, but there are better apps to do the functions it does. Cleaning the cache is a few presses. There are much better antivirus apps. There are better backup apps, and uninstalling apps is an inherent function of Android.

If you're going to use it to keep your RAM free (the only thing left), read Multitasking the Android Way. Keeping RAM free is something we don't want to do in Android. This isn't Windows. Stopping apps running in the background - that Android has decided should be running in the background - only causes them to be reloaded. Which causes Clean Master to remove them. Which causes Android to reload them... Which results in a slow phone and a terrible drain on the battery.

Android has a very good memory manager - let it do its thing.

People who write apps that remove "unwanted" apps from RAM ought to be forced to take a course in how Android actually works (they're guessing that it works like Windows, when it actually works almost exactly opposite), then fined heavily if they still write these apps. They cause more problems (and lots of posts asking for help) then they've ever cured.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    11-30-2014 12:23 PM
    Thanks, I really appreciate the information.

USMC97
    11-30-2014 01:30 PM
    Okay, I think I'm understanding this. Its showing clean master is using 127mb. Its the only thing that has the high issue and don't really know if my turning off a bunch of applications i don't use matters. Im new to some of this. Kinda thinking just to remove the app.

USMC97
    11-30-2014 02:25 PM
    Turning off a bunch of processes (you aren't turning off applications - there's a difference in Android) that Android needs, even though you and Clean Master don't know Android needs them) causes problems. Clean Master is one of those "never needed" apps that you find - they're solutions looking for problems.
    11-30-2014 06:01 PM
    Turning off a bunch of processes (you aren't turning off applications - there's a difference in Android) that Android needs, even though you and Clean Master don't know Android needs them) causes problems. Clean Master is one of those "never needed" apps that you find - they're solutions looking for problems.
    Okay. I'm not having any issues or nothing. Just checking it out. I've heard good and bad about these applications. I'll most likely remove it.

USMC97
    11-30-2014 07:08 PM
    As I said, I'd sooner believe one of the people who wrote Android than someone who thinks he figured out how it works.
    11-30-2014 11:53 PM