Which browser should I use?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: which browser should I use

Samsung devices have the Knox security which extends to their browser.
Chrome is good to use otherwise.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: which browser should I use

But Knox security only handles partitioning the phone between the corporate data and your personal data, it has absolutely nothing to do with malware.

Which browser you use is a personal choice. You can have a few of them in the phone if you have the space - Firefox has a lot of addons, Chrome can cast to Chromecast from any phone, Atlas is very fast, Dolphin has a lot of options. Use the one best for what you're doing at the moment. You can use Microsoft Word to make a small text document, but Notepad is more appropriate. And I wouldn't use either one of them to make a presentation, although you could in Word. It's the same thing with browsers.

As far as security, install a good antivirus app (AVG, Avast, etc.) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, regardless of which browsers you're using. The Samsung browser will not stop viruses and malware. (Neither will Knox. IF it's installed [by default, only the stubs to install it come with the phone], all it will do is protect the part of the phone you're not using. So if you run a browser in the corporate part and get malware, it won't affect the personal part. But it will affect the corporate part.

(And Knox is about the worst possible way of accomplishing what it's supposed to accomplish.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy