My friend just received a Tegra Note P1640 Advent Vega running Android 4.4.2. It's stock, not rooted at all.

She wants to hook up her Sierra 313U USB modem so she can get on the net with it, but for some reason Mobile Settings is missing from the SETTINGS app.

I know that this Tablet does not have a SIM card slot, so maybe that's why it's missing. But hopefully there is some way to activate it again without having to root it.

Here is what is listed under Wireless and Networking:
    Wifi
    Miracast
    Bluetooth
    Data Usage
    MORE

And this is what is under MORE:

Aeroplane Mode
    VPN

I found this app in the Google Play store, but that is only a shortcut. So if that Mobile Network setting is not activated, I doubt it will work, or will it?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=diewland.settings.mobilenetworks&hl=en

What do you suggest? Is there any way we can access the Mobile Network settings so she can use her Sierra USB modem without having to root it?
    12-01-2014 04:06 PM
    Your friend does not have a wifi router?
    12-01-2014 11:14 PM
    The tablet can connect to the internet via mobile data (through a cellphone carrier) or through wifi. It can't connect via a USB modem. (With most manufacturers, the only drivers they write for those modems are for Windows - and an Android device doesn't have the type of USB host mode needed to run a modem, even if there were a Linux driver for it - which would take a bit of knowledge of Linux to install and set up.)
    12-02-2014 12:34 AM