I just recently purchased a cheap tablet(DigiLand DL701Q 8gb), as my first foray into Android.

I've been using the pre-installed Chrome browser but I can't figure out how to switch tabs or close them. I've searched for hours and all I could find was that the little square icon with numbers in the top right is the tool for tabs, but tapping it does nothing. I've tried double/triple tapping and swiping, but it still does nothing. Tapping and holding on it opens a popup message with the phrase "open tabs" but tapping that also has no function. I've tried every combination and method I can think of, but nothing works. Only one time did I manage to switch to a different tab and then quickly close it, but this was a result of me desperately mashing the square icon in frustration and I haven't been able to replicate it. I currently have 7 tabs open and I have no idea what they are or how to view them or how to close them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-01-2014 11:16 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Does it look like this when you hit the square with numbers?

From an AOSP M8
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't I switch/close tabs on my Android tablet?-uploadfromtaptalk1417498084629.jpg  
    12-01-2014 11:28 PM
    You can switch between tabs sliding left or right on the top bar of chrome (where you type the url). Sliding down on it will open the tabs view. From there you can delete a tab swiping it right or left.

Edit. After a quick check. If you are in the Google search home page (as in the Golfdriver screenshot) the slide actions must be done where the url bar is in the rest of the pages, on the top, besides the little square with a number.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-02-2014 06:23 AM