I live in Pakistan and I want to change the region for the Play Store that appears on my Galaxy Note 4 to be of US. I know for a fact that it's possible because I've seen people here with this. I want to know how it's done so that I can use a Play Store Gift Card, which is compatible with USA but not Pakistan. Also because the US store is richer in content.
    I heard that you need to add a US credit card in wallet.google.com to switch the store? So if I add a US credit card (which I have access to), and then proceed to redeem a Play Store gift card, and then remove the CC since I won't be using it, will my store remain US based?
    12-02-2014 01:41 AM
    Would that not be dishonest?

Posted via Android Central App
    12-02-2014 02:27 PM
    There are apps that allow you to set the region your phone claims to be from. You'll have search for them. But anything that needs a Pakistani-based phone won't work until you switch back. (It's just a matter of running the app and changing the region.)

However, it may be against Pakistani law to have some of those apps - which is why Google dowesn't have them available to Pakistani phones - the Pakistani government won't allow them to (and won't allow you to either, if they see the app running on your phone).
    12-02-2014 02:55 PM
    Would that not be dishonest?

Posted via Android Central App
    An example is the Nokia Z launcher which isn't available in my regional store. How dishonest is it to want basic apps? Anyway I managed to do it. All it needed was a valid US address in my Google Wallet account.
    12-10-2014 04:05 AM