Why is my Galaxy S5 randomly telling me it's charging when it is charging?

Carolz

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S5 Wireless Charging resets

At first, it gives the message that it is charging wirelessly and the screen goes off. But then periodically throughout the charging period, it pops back on, saying that it is wirelessly charging. This could happen once during the charging or every 5 seconds. I have the Samsung Wireless Charging back and have tried 2 different charger pads. They both do the same thing. The one I'm using now is a Vic Tsing Qi Enabled Wireless Charging Pad.

Any suggestions?

Carolz

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 Wireless Charging resets

No, not yet. Trying to eliminate things before I buy something else. Have actually replaced the phone (due to another problem) last week, so one thing down. Haven't read anything that the backs had issues, but that's next.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

It sounds as if the back is making almost no contact with the charging contacts, so it connects and disconnects almost at random. Put a light weight (like a small paperback) on the phone when it's on the charger and see if that lessens the amount or charging "restarts". Also make sure that the phone isn't on the very ragged edge of charging/not charging as far as placement on the pad. Find the "sweet area" (it's easiest if the pad has a "charging" light), then put the phone in the middle of it. I find my phone won't charge unless it's lower than the pad (off the near edge) and to the right of the pad - about 1/2" each way. Put it dead center on the pad and no charge. (The centers of the coil in the pad and the coil in the phone have to be almost in the exact same spot.)

Carolz

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Well, the books really didn't help too much. It happened even with 2 on top. But it did seem to make a difference, so I removed them and pressed the phone down onto the charger by holding the side edges.

I think I have resolved this: I think that over the charging period, the receiver heats up and bends, just a little, creating a gap between the receiver and the back of the phone, which causes the receiver to think the phone has been removed. Once the receiver resets, it goes on charging.

I have purchased the Samsung Mini-Receiver and have had no issues for the last 2 days.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad