Google + auto back up is not working. In photos, selected all and it says auto backup up to date . I have added more photos on the phone but these are not being backed up. I have wifi connection and the phone is on charge, both of which are required to enable backup to take place. I have also tried Backup All in the settings menu, it says upload complete but there is no change to the photos backed up.
    It was working until two days ago.
    I should be grateful for any assistance.
    Regards Brian
    12-02-2014 09:01 AM
    If you go to a web browser and check the uploads in your Google+ account, are the new pictures there?

Also, are you sure they're being saved to a folder that's being synced? I have mine to only sync the Camera folder, so any pictures that are not saved there are not synced.
    12-02-2014 11:23 AM
    Thank you for your prompt reply.
    There are no backed up photos there if I go to the browser. I have tried adding photos to the camera folder and also a folder that it indicates is being sync. I also get an indication in the notification bar that the folder is being auto backed up. In spite of which nothing more is backed up. I have done the same on my tablet and nothing there is auto backed up.
    Regards Brian
    12-02-2014 04:33 PM
    Please make sure your photo that you want to backup is in the sync directory of Google+
    Thank you for your reply.
    The photos are in the camera folder and also another folder both of which should be sync'.
    Regards
    12-02-2014 05:10 PM
    Have you checked that the Google account that shows up is, in fact, your account? I could only think of removing the account and then re-adding it to your phone, as this would force the phone to re-sync...
    12-03-2014 01:08 PM
    Thank you for your response.
    I have checked and it is my account. If I remove the account from the phone, as you suggest, will my photographs still remain in Google+ photos when I add the account back again?

Regards
    12-03-2014 01:18 PM
    Yup, those shouldn't be deleted if you do. And, in theory, it'll detect the 'old pictures' and won't duplicate them when you re-add it.
    12-03-2014 01:56 PM
    Yup, those shouldn't be deleted if you do. And, in theory, it'll detect the 'old pictures' and won't duplicate them when you re-add it.
    Thank you again.
    I've looked at deleting my Google+ account, but the page says that all of my posts will be deleted. So I looked at deleting the account on the mobile phone, which says that it will delete my contacts and calendar etc.
    I would not like to loose any of these. Have I misunderstood the effects of these deletions?

Regards
    12-03-2014 03:51 PM
    If you cancel your account via web, yes, that makes you lose all posts and pictures. But you can remove your Google+ account from your phone without permanent 'damage'. If you remove your Google account entirely from the phone, what it's saying is that you'll lose your Google contacts (since those are stored in Google's servers and are linked to your account, removing the account from your phone removes the contacts as well), but that doesn't mean that you lose them. When you re-add the account, they'll simply resync and redownload to your phone.
    12-03-2014 04:11 PM
    Thank you very much. I'll give that a try.
    Regards
    12-03-2014 04:41 PM
    Yep Google + is separate form your Google account. I have Google+ and it's app disabled, but still use my Google account for gmail, play store, syncing contacts etc. If you post on Google+ you obviously want to leave it on, but you can stop photo backups on Google + if you want, and save them elsewhere.
    12-03-2014 05:58 PM
    Thank you very much for all the help from everyone.
    The auto backup of google+ photos is now working again. I also uninstalled google+ back to the factory settings and then reinstalled it again.
    Looking back, the problem seemed to have began after I deleted the goole+ cache in an attempt to make more memory available to install the update to chrome.
    Still not enough memory to install chrome update, but that's another story!
    Thank you again.
    Regards
    12-04-2014 01:21 AM
    Glad to hear your pictures are back to Cloud safety. I guess you could now empty your physical memory of pictures and just keep the older ones in the cloud? Or get an SD Card for those pictures (just, in my experience and what I'd suggest, don't use the SD card for new pictures, only those you are 'archiving' or stuff you have backed up elsewhere).
    12-04-2014 11:03 AM
    I do have a sd card fitted to save some memory usage on the mobile (galaxy note) but I seem to have run out of storage because I can no longer update any apps, all say no storage space. Thank you for the tip about photos on the sd card.
    Many thanks and a merry Christmas to all.
    SpookDroid and anon8380037 like this.
    12-04-2014 11:17 AM
    You know you can move the data of most apps to the sd card to free up space for more apps. Touch the apps in Applications Manager and chose Move to SD Card.
    12-04-2014 11:26 AM
    I have moved all that will move, but thank you for the tip.
    Regards
    anon8380037 likes this.
    12-04-2014 11:51 AM