Can I get some info on Touch Wiz?

peterperil

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying the Samsung Tab S 8.4. I'd like to get opinions on Touch Wiz

I have a Moto X 1st gen and enjoy the stock Google experience. I am planning on getting the Samsung Tab S 8.4 tablet and have heard that Touch Wiz is not that great. I'd like to get some opinions. Is there a way to get around it? What about another launcher?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: I'm thinking of buying the Samsung Tab S 8.4. I'd like to get opinions on Touch Wiz

Welcome to the forums. I used to like TW, but not so much anymore. Compared to Vanilla or near Vanilla ROMs, TW can feel heavy, and slow. Some of the other Products of Samsung, like the Note 4, it isn't so bad, but I think that is primarily due to the extra RAM which can help TW as a ROM run better.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I'm thinking of buying the Samsung Tab S 8.4. I'd like to get opinions on Touch Wiz

If yoyu like TW on the Note 4, you'll probably like it on the Tab S. Very similar. But, as usual, if you don't like it, just install a different launcher and voila! You can even install Google's launcher or the ever popular, Nova.

Not sure if it was just me or just that one tablet, but in my case, with the Tab S 10.5, Nova seemed to drain my battery quite fast. Used TW, great battery life. Used Nova, plummeting battery life. TW again, great battery again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa