The fingerprint scanner to unlock the samsung s5 does not work very well. Is there a way to make it work better?
    12-03-2014 01:27 AM
    You know how you can scan 3 different fingers?
    Some people scan the same finger 2 or 3 times going in a slight different path and that works great for them.

I also have the GS5 and It works great for me with thick fingers, but I know many things are not the same for many people.
    12-03-2014 05:28 AM
    I have tried scanning my fingers numerous times. I will try from different angles like you suggested and let you know how it works. My fingerprints may be to faint because I have been in work that has affected my prints. But they should have gotten better over time. However I know that the fingerprint scanner has not been acceptable to a lot of experts, But as I said I am going to give it another try, and will let you know the results. Thank You
    STARGATE likes this.
    12-03-2014 09:26 PM
    Update: I tried numerous scans of three fingers at a lot of different angles. Then I tried scanning just flat and did not have any success. Next I scanned one finger only on all three settings. It has worked a lot better so far. I will post how well it is working in a few days.

;
    12-03-2014 10:32 PM
    I have had great success with your recommendation for the finger print scanner. You so far as I can tell should be announced through your most public forum. I will help do that after a few more days. However you know more than I do. The finger print scanner is one of..many new advances on the s5. Next I have another question I believe you can help me wth. I have alot of battery usage when my screen is on. But when my screen is off I don't have hardly any. Am I just spoiled or can more be done? I am using battery doctor and another program that turns off my Wi fii and moblie data when the screen is off. How do I stop background programs from using data. I know there ismore to it than this. Please let me if you read this.
    12-04-2014 05:56 PM
    I'm glad is working for you now! 🙋
    12-05-2014 03:28 PM
    About saving battery, you can always use the power saving mode on your phone settings.
    Fingerprint scanner-1417815007296.jpg
    However, on my case I get between 7 to 16 hours out of one charge.
    Depending on the coverage I get wherever I go during my work day, and I use the hell out of my phone. And I don't use any app to help me save battery.
    12-05-2014 03:32 PM
    The fingerprint scanner isn't working for me again a lot of times. When I am out and need to access my phone it doesn't work very often. I scanned one finger on all the setup scans too. I don't know what else can be done? Do you have any ideas? It may be that my finger gets some sweat or is just fainter at times.
    12-07-2014 11:56 PM