Why won't my Micro sd card play movies on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S?

MC95

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Why won't my Micro sd card play movies on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Hi, I recently bought a 128GB Samsung micro sd card to use on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I tried to copy some episodes of a tv show on the sd card and watch them on my tablet, A handful worked but most didn't. I tried playing the episodes that didn't work on VLC, MX Player and my tablets video player with no luck. I put the sd card in a computer and had a look at the properties of the episodes that aren't working and it says that they have 0mb. They work perfectly on the computer before I copy them to the sd card,is it likely to be an issue with the conversion or the sd card itself? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my Micro sd card play movies on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S

If you're just copying them (dragging them from the computer's hard drive to the card, using copy/paste or Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V - all of which do the same thing), make sure you're not copying a shortcut. A shortcut is just a pointer to the file, it's not the file. (If it has that little arrow in the lower left corner of the icon, right-click the icon, look at the Properties, and you'll see where the real file is.)

If you're using some kind of program to transfer then all bets are off, since we don't know the program or file type.

If you're plugging the phone into a USB hub, don't, plug it directly into the computer. Some hubs overheat on sustained file transfer, and the transfer aborts, leaving you with a name, an icon but no file, on the phone.