Why did my tablet reset itself?

Mellenee Shields

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Why did my tablet reset itself

Well I have a few issues with my Nexus tablet.

I do what I do every night it gets hot I turn it off and go to bed
well last night I turned it off and woke up turned it on an it was in "recovery mode"
so I pushed recovery thinking it was just go back to normal , nope it reset everything to factory setting, and then I turned it off again and the same thing happen but this time only reset it self . so guy tell me how to fix this? not to mention some how to keyboard got inverted .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why did my tablet reset itself

Welcome to Android Central! The Nexus 7 shouldn't be getting hot routinely, unless you frequently play very processor-intensive games. It makes me think something is wrong with the device's firmware or hardware.

When you found the tablet was in Recovery Mode, was it the screen where you see the Android lying on its back? Refer to this guide--which screen did you see? http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

What do you mean that the keyboard became inverted? Is it upside down, or are the colors inverted?

Mellenee Shields

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Inverted as the number an letter were switched on my keyboard and I only flash games such things like Brave fonter or
sims games . nothing to heavy on the cards , I think about the heavyest I got was the new app I installed lord of the rings .
I looked at the link you gave me , it was 6. in the list over there and when I pushed recovery that what it did .
Now last I turned it off after I redid everything again ..it has reset itself yet AGAIN ....how many times will it reset it self ? and how do I fix it ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Step 6 is past the stage where you select Recovery. In Step 6, you should be selecting something like Wipe Cache Partition. Is that what you mean?

Where do you install games from? Only from Google Play Store? Do you ever download games from other websites or filesharing sites?

Mellenee Shields

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Nope I only download from the google play store only ...
Well it seems to be resetting it self now everytime I turn it off .
I am guessing I screwed up the memory some how ...But if you think I should clear the cashe I will try that .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol