I just downloaded the Verizon 4.4.4 update on my Note 3 and now I can't minimize opened apps, why?

knicksfan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the Verizon 4.4.4 update on my Note 3 and now I can't minimize opened apps

When an app is open and then minimized, when I go to the home screen to open another app the minimized app pops up. This just starting happening when I installed the Verizon update yesterday. Is there a setting I should check on or off to stop this from happening.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: I just downloaded the Verizon 4.4.4 update on my Note 3 and now I can't minimize opened apps

I don't know whether it will help, but a Cache Partition wipe in Recovery is said by some to be good practice after an update.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just downloaded the Verizon 4.4.4 update on my Note 3 and now I can't minimize opened apps

Or bring it to Verizon. If their update broke something, they have to fix it. (Probably by just reflashing the update, but make sure everything is backed up in case they flash the entire ROM.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

You walk into a Verizon company store and say (in much more polite words), "you broke it, you own it - fix or replace it".

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

HaHa. Yes that's how you go to a store and get satisfaction.

Backing things up 1st is a different kettle of fish. It depends what you normally do or don't do.

Back up apps with Helium or just Google sync.

You may save media to Google +, or a pc like I do. Other files to the cloud or backup software like Kies (don't rely on Kies for everything.

Also as you have a Note 3, sync everything in your Samsung account and make sure you know how to log in to Samsung on another device.

Let us know what you need.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Backing things up 1st is a different kettle of fish. It depends what you normally do or don't do.

Back up apps with Helium or just Google sync.
I don't know why, but I use App Backup & Restore to back up the apps, but Helium to back up the data. Just habit, I guess.

Other files to the cloud or backup software like Kies (don't rely on Kies for everything.
Direct copy to the desktop hard drive, copy to the NAS, copy to Drive, copy to Dropbox. As long as North America doesn't disappear, I have a good backup somewhere. (All automated, of course. I'm done watching paint dry.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1