is there a hml adapter for galaxy alpha?

alam18305

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have bought a samsung mhl 2.0 adapter from eBay but not sure if it's geniune. Tried it on my samsung alpha doesn't even recognise it however tried the adapter on a s5 it's recognised. Can anyone advise me if there is a cable I could use to connect my phone to a tv? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I can see, the phone doesn't support MHL. You can use Chromecast to connect media and Chrome (and Youtube and any other app with a Chromecast icon) to your TV wirelessly. (And they may add the phone to the Chromecast app, allowing you to mirror the entire screen.)

alam18305

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I assume the Chromecast will allow me to watch [redacted] from my phone to the tv? What about the galaxy tab 4? Are they hml compatible.

I have samsung calling me to remotely troubleshoot my alpha as they claim the hml adapter should work on all samsung phones apparently. Not sure what they will do if it's not hml compatible. thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
According to a few spec sites, the Tab4 7.0 doesn't have MHL output. According to Samsung's own site, Samsung Galaxy ALPHA (Charcoal Black) - Wi-Fi, 12 MP, 4.7 HD Super AMOLED - Samsung UK , the Alpha doesn't either.

As far as [redacted], I can't see that you watch anything on it - it's a light controller.

You'll find out what Samsung says but if the phone has MHL capability, their own site is wrong.

(BTW, if you buy a Chromecast at Best Buy, you can return it until January 15 for a full refund if it doesn't do what you thought it would. Walmart also has a pretty liberal return policy - 10 or 15 days, I think.)

Hmmm - you may be in the UK, in which case those stores wouldn't apply (and the prices are in US dollars) but you should be able to find some holiday specials with decent return policies locally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital