Can I get some help installing the newest update of Android to my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro?

Dakota Ferris

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Help installing the newest update of Android to my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro.

I installed Clockworkmod on my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro a few months ago. It did not work because every time I tried to flash something with it, it gave me an error that the file could not be open. I ignored CWM, but when I tried to install the most recent update (I'm on 4.1.2) it open through CWM and I could not install it. Someone please help. I simply want to uninstall CWM and update to the newest version of Android. Also I am rooted (I used other means to root it) so if root is necessary to uninstall CWM it is not a problem. (I used towelroot to root my phone) Someone please help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help installing the newest update of Android to my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro.

You can try a different custom recovery. The ROMs you are trying to flash may not be compatible with CWM. You can try TWRP (Team Win). There are apps in Play that can possibly help with flashing that recovery. Since it is a less popular device, you may run into a dead end here.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help installing the newest update of Android to my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro.

Go to SamMobile Firmwares and download a stock app for your particular model of the phone (enter the model number in the search box).

Download Odin. Start reading at "Next you need to connect your android smartphone to the computer using a USB cable." to see how to use Odin. (There are articles and forum posts all over the web with other instructions, but they're all about the same - connect the phone in download mode, load the files into Odin and click Start.)

Flash the ROM to the phone. You'll now have a stock phone. If the ROM is older than the latest currently available one for your model Rugby, go to Settings/General/About device/Software update, and let the phone update over the air. (Don't root it beefore updating - an update will stop if the phone is rooted, because it could brick the phone.)