This may seem dumb..but here goes:

I know you can set an alarm on the stock clock app to repeat on any/all days of the week. My question is...if you routinely wake up before your alarm goes off...is there anyway to keep it set without having to turn it off to avoid the alarm going off?

Meaning if I have an alarm set for 7:30 Monday through Friday...but I'm waking up before 7:30...the only way I know how to avoid my phone sounding the alarm is to well...turn off the alarm. This then requires me to go back into the app every night to turn on the alarm again. Thus defeating the purpose of setting the alarm to repeat M-F. Right?

Maybe I'm just a complete *****...but that's what the repeat feature is for right? To allow people to avoid having to continually set an alarm every night right?

Anyways...any response is appreciated.
    12-04-2014 09:29 PM
    Depends on the phone. I have both a Nexus, and an AOSP M8 where I can pull the notification shade down, and it tells me the upcoming alarm. Beneath it is a dismiss and an X button. I can click that, and the alarm is silenced, without having to toggle it on and off.
    12-04-2014 10:13 PM
    Depends on the phone. I have both a Nexus, and an AOSP M8 where I can pull the notification shade down, and it tells me the upcoming alarm. Beneath it is a dismiss and an X button. I can click that, and the alarm is silenced, without having to toggle it on and off.
    Hmmm I have seen that on my nexus but that was before I updated to 5.0. I'll look for that tomorrow see if same thing shows up on that. Thanks
    12-04-2014 10:36 PM
    Hmmm I have seen that on my nexus but that was before I updated to 5.0. I'll look for that tomorrow see if same thing shows up on that. Thanks
    Just tried setting an alarm for 1 minute from now. I get the Dismiss alarm option there as well. I am on Lollipop.
    12-04-2014 10:39 PM