Hello,

Since I got my Android phone, I've been using the Outlook.com app, but it has since ceased to work properly. Three times in the last couple days, it's given me "Error, Connection Failed" forcing me to force stop the app and restart it. I finally gave up and decided to use the Gmail app now that it has outlook.com email support. However, by removing my email account from the Outlook.com app, I also had to remove my calendar and contact syncronization.

At first, it looked like the Gmail app would be able to fix that problem because it says it can sync both calendar and contacts with outlook.com accounts. That would be fine, but every time it tries to sync, I get a message that says "Sync is currently experiences problems It will be back shortly."

My first question is has anyone gotten the Gmail app to successfully synchronize outlook.com calendar and contacts in the past? Is this just a short term problem that the Gmail app is having right now?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    In advance, thank you very much!!
    12-05-2014 10:42 AM
    Sync problems happen now and then, sometimes more frequently. Clear the cache in your contacts app or whichever apps are not syncing correctly. Sometimes a simple reboot of the phone helps too.

Now sure how you are moving your contacts from outlook.com to gmail. While there may be a direct sync method I'm not familiar with, the surest way is to export your outlook contacts to a .csv file, then import them into google contacts. Then they should sync up with your phone.
    12-05-2014 05:30 PM