I have a Nexus 4 running Android 5.
    The mail client is setup towards my work mail, the workplace has setup some security settings, that require me to have a pin code on the phone.

Usally this is no problem, but a few times my phone has been "activated" in my pocket, and some random pin code has been submittet... the problem is, after 10 times, then phone goes back to factory defaults.

I do remember when using a phone with Windows 6.5, after a wrong pin has been submitted 3 times, it would require the user to type A1B2C3 to continue. That way, it was not really possible to get 10 wrong pins in the pocket.

Is there some app, some setting, or anything else that solve this for me ?

The only solution I'm aware of, is using the nitrodesk TouchDown mail client, as it would only require the pin when entering the mail client it self, and I therefor would have full control of the "normal" lock screen. But I really do like the gmail client, and would prefer to use it.
    12-06-2014 10:09 AM
    You can download a lockscreen from whatever app store you may have and turn off the system one. The ones you can download don't have the same limits and you can pretty much enter the wrong code a billion times... just make sure you go to accessibility in settings and turn it on under services if it is there... some call for this.. and if in the app settings once you get a lock screen if it lets you lock in memory then do so.. lol and sorry about that "s" I can't delete it ---> s
    12-06-2014 10:50 AM
    Oh and to turn off the system lockscreen go to settings and lockscreen turn it on "none" and your good to go! =)
    12-06-2014 10:53 AM
    I'm not sure, if I'm misunderstanding something, or it just because of my lack of experience with lockscreens. I have tried a bunch of lockscreen apps. It seems that if I do not setup my work mail, it works perfectly. However, if I setup my work mail, it does not. When I unlock the phone, I will first be introduced to the standard lock screen, when I have unlocked it, I will be given the lockscreen I have installed.
    12-07-2014 02:31 AM