How do I reset a pin or password for pairing bluetooth device?

Tejas Me

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
In trying to pair my Jawbone Era with my Samsung Note 3, the phone seems to find the ERA but then I get "Incorrect PIN or password" & "unable to communicate,," Yes, the ERA is turned on. However, at no point in time does it give me an option to put in the PIN or password! I have searched all over the bluetooth settings, and can't find a way to have my phone give me an option to put in the PIN. HELP Please.
I am posting here, a general question because post under note 3 receives no attention.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Try unpairing it, delete the era and start again.

I don't have my Plantronics BT headset with me to check how it paired.

Hopefully a new Bluetooth scan on the Note 3 while the era is in searchable mode will get it pairing properly.

I have 3 phones and I know the default code on my Plantronics h/s is 0000 but I don't know atm if the Note 3 uses it.
As you say it doesn't seem to accept a pin input.

The Note 3 will issue a random 6 digit passkey to pair with another phone for example, and if it's not acknowledged by accepting the offer on the other device, it will issue another 6 digit pin if you start again.

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stephen keith

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
In trying to pair my Jawbone Era with my Samsung Note 3, the phone seems to find the ERA but then I get "Incorrect PIN or password" & "unable to communicate,," Yes, the ERA is turned on. However, at no point in time does it give me an option to put in the PIN or password! I have searched all over the bluetooth settings, and can't find a way to have my phone give me an option to put in the PIN. HELP Please.
I am posting here, a general question because post under note 3 receives no attention.

Dan1960

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
The key is holding down the TALK button on the jawbone and SLOWLY sliding the jawbone's on/off switch to on. The light circle has to be alternately blinking white and red. Once it is recognized by the phone, tap on the device name to pair. note: on the samsung, the icon next to 'ERA by Jawbone' should be a headphones image.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol