I have a data usage warning and most of it is used by Facebook.... Is there any way I could clear it and make it unlimited? Or to I actually have to go to at&t to have fixed? What can I do?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2014 07:19 AM
    I'm not sure if you want to lower your data usage or stop the limit warning. So I'll try both

If you go to settings - Data Usage just uncheck the limit box or set it higher. Maybe your carrier has an extra setting for that. Worth checking in the at&t settings.

Go to Facebook settings and try to change the background ones and refresh/sync time. If you use the browser instead of the app your battery and data limits will be very happy
    12-08-2014 08:15 AM
    If you use Facebook a lot, you're going to use a lot of data - there's no way to make it use less data than you want to see. It's like filling a quart container with less than a quart of water. If you want to see 5GB of data, it's going to cost you 5GB to see.

AT&T has no unlimited plan, so you can't "make it unlimited". About all you can do is not use Facebook unless you're on wifi. (Wifi usage doesn't count against your data usage limit.)
    12-08-2014 09:19 AM
    ... If you use Facebook a lot, you're going to use a lot of data - there's no way to make it use less data than you want to see. ...
    There are many ways to use less data (even much less data) when using Facebook. A simple look to the app settings will tell you how. Chat on/off, refresh time, notifications for every single movement, video autoplay, photos sync, location services ... And that's without changing your account settings!

It's just a question of spending 5 minutes with the settings and even using FB a lot you're not going to use so much data.
    12-08-2014 11:28 AM
    dont ues FB when you are connected to 3G or 4G. Use Wifi connection. for FB
    Rukbat likes this.
    12-08-2014 04:32 PM
    There are many ways to use less data (even much less data) when using Facebook.
    I still say "there's no way to make it use less data than you want to see." If the user wants to use chat, or see videos play as they scroll into view, or the other functions, they're going to cost the data they're going to cost. (Which is why I didn't suggest not using Facebook - that would save 100% of Facebook's data usage.) I assume the OP has Facebook set up the way he wants it to work. Why would he have it set up the way he didn't want it to work?
    12-08-2014 05:29 PM
    I still say "there's no way to make it use less data than you want to see." If the user wants to use chat, or see videos play as they scroll into view, or the other functions, they're going to cost the data they're going to cost. (Which is why I didn't suggest not using Facebook - that would save 100% of Facebook's data usage.) I assume the OP has Facebook set up the way he wants it to work. Why would he have it set up the way he didn't want it to work?
    Come on mate This doesn't make much sense.
    12-09-2014 04:04 AM