Has my Galaxy S3 gone to swim with the fishes?

Mayinapril

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
(help) water entered my galaxy s3

My s3 was accidentally soaked in water a few days ago but I didn't do anything (rice was not available at that moment and I just knew of this method recently) as I didn't know what to do except to wipe the water out. Now it is not charging correctly, keeps on detecting and undetected and at times it would show being docked. (I think this is what you guys mean by short circuit?)

I know this is kind of too late but can anybody share what should I do with my phone? Will the rice method still help at this point? or any other methods? Please help out

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: (help) water entered my galaxy s3

Hello there, you should put it in rice or in a bag full of silica packets for a few days. Phone off, battery, SIM and SD cards out.

I'll say for about 5-7 days, after that, put the battery and cards back in, charge it and test it.

Good luck, and let us know how it works.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: (help) water entered my galaxy s3

Putting a wet phone in rice virtually guarantees that it's going to fail soon. All you're doing is drying it out temporarily. Every time the humidity goes up, all the chemicls you left in it are going to become active again, etching metal, electroplating things and creating shorts.

Alcohol immediately (as soon as you yank the battery out) is the cure if you aren't comfortable taking the phone apart and soaking every part individually. Read Wet Phone. As Madd54 said, by now, no guarantee. You're right, the phone has some shorts already. Unfortunately it's probably going to get worse, no matter what you do now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa