Here the deal. I get a text message from work when on support. It comes w/out a unique phone number. I'm tried setting the contact text tone to different then default but the default still plays. I suspect that the text message is based on phone number only. Is there a way to set a unique sound based on the contact email address when receiving a text message?
    12-08-2014 12:57 PM
    Here the deal. I get a text message from work when on support. It comes w/out a unique phone number. I'm tried setting the contact text tone to different then default but the default still plays. I suspect that the text message is based on phone number only. Is there a way to set a unique sound based on the contact email address when receiving a text message?
    Unfortunately not. It'll ring that tone for email, but not text messages since the ring tone is unique to the number.
    12-08-2014 01:16 PM
    Some text apps let you create a contact from a text. Use one of those (even if only once) to create that contact.
    12-08-2014 11:34 PM
    yeah I did add the contact from the text message but still can't get it to work as the incoming "phone" number is always different. Maybe there is a different app that allows this?
    12-09-2014 07:50 AM
    If you can write the logic for identifying the text by something the phone can recognize, someone could write an app (or a Tasker task) to do it. But if the only way you know it's from the same contact is the context, you'll have to wait for self-aware computers (or maybe quantum computers). Computers can't do the kind of pattern-matching that's about the only thing the human brain is really good at (and it's fantastic at it - even seeing patterns where there are none).
    12-09-2014 05:26 PM