So this has been an ongoing thing of frustration for me. I have an HTC One M8 that shoots video in true HD, and all of my playback appears to be in HD. However whenever I upload a video, even a short 10 second video through the Facebook app, the playback is always crappy. I tried googling my answer (as I do with everything) but I couldn't find any helpful answers.

One thread I found suggested that the app does indeed upload video in HD, however it only plays back in SD. This however doesn't make sense to me because other videos I watch on Facebook from other people are in perfect HD. There also doesn't seem to be an option in the app settings to enable HD for my videos, so I'm at a total loss.

People on iPhones don't appear to have this issue, nor people accessing Facebook via PC, but I'm only on my phone all the time so this isn't acceptable to me. All my videos are uploaded via wifi. Am I just doing something wrong? Thanks for any input.
    12-08-2014 01:27 PM
    I have also been frustrated with this, however the answer is the following. The Facebook APP for android, allows you to upload in HD, however it does not have the toggle to watch videos in HD like it does on the iPhone APP. I havent found much on the internet about this, I figured more people would be up in arms about this. Not sure what gives, since its an easy fix. I hate watching grainy crappy videos on Android facebook APP.
    02-07-2015 08:18 PM
    I know this might be old news, but something I just determined today that could help people in the future:

I was messing with this all day. Any video I would upload from my phone to Facebook (using the Android FB app) would be in HD on my phone, but would not on be in HD on Facebook (but would all day long on YouTube). After hours of flippin troubleshooting, and research, and whatnot, the ISSUE was:

Facebook does not recognize "60p" video format as HD. So, if you are using the video size "FHD 60p" Facebook will not see it as an HD video. So, switch your camera setting back down to just FHD, QHD, UHD, anything but FHD 60P.

Took me all day to figure this one out. SIGH
    01-12-2016 02:09 PM