Is there a Voice recogition software that will switch between English and German?

hdp160

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Voice recogition software - Switch between english and german

Samsung note 4 with Kitkat

Is it possible to switch between languages?

I stress "SWITCH" I know that its possible in the setting to change the language but I'm looking for a sort of toggel setting or app.

Does anyone know if Lollipop will include switching betwenn voice recogition languages?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Voice recogition software - Switch between english and german

That would be in a widget (or app), not in the ROM itself. Someone would have to write one. I haven't ever looked for one, but in looking for apps in general, this is the first time I've come across such an idea, so there probably isn't such an app.

I could suggest a voice recognition app that can be taught your speech patterns (if it gets a word wrong you spell it on a keyboard the first few times), so if it's set for English and you say "wiedersehen" it doesn't start with a "v" after it's been trained (and it spells it correctly). To the recognition software, that will be just an English word that wasn't originally in its dictionary. It would have to have a large user dictionary, though (the internal dictionary is encoded to take very little space, the user dictionary is plain text), and you'd have to teach it a lot of words.

hdp160

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Voice recogition software - Switch between english and german

Thanks for the input, yes it would be an impossible task a full german dictionary with all the conjugations. But as there are voice recognitions for both english and german ( and many more languages) it would probably be an easy widget or app to write to switch between and two.

I don;t think I'm alone in wanting to make verbal notes in english and another language........... developers please note :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz